5 June 2015

Albums recommandés

...Off The Bone- The Cramps

Garage punk. Pearl

Not knowing much about The Cramps, I can however say that this compilation showcases pretty well the best you can expect from raw rock. "I can't hardly stand it", "She said", "Human fly", "The way I walk", "Surfin' bird", "Love me" "Goo goo muck" and "Garbage man" remind you of why you like the genre so much: the possibilities of play are infinite... For that's what this is about: playing. It's a performance, a musical act, born out of pure love for creating music for its own sake. Lux Interior's performance consists of a crazy-silly range of trembling vocals, whispers, groans and heavy breaths. Every time I hear The Cramps, I'm reminded of that "Do the hippogriff" scene in Harry Potter; I mean, the singers have the exact same vocal style (granted, save from the chorus that is definitely commercial rock):


No comments:

Post a Comment